The Salmon River Ranger District is planning to commence work on Vinegar Creek Recreation Site.
Construction to begin as early as August 10th , 2012. Specific dates are difficult to predict due to water
levels and in-stream work needed on 2 boat ramps. Current work identified includes; 2 ramp
extensions, parking expansion, and new double vault toilet.
The following guidelines have been put in place for access to the site; these include:
- Only 1 ramp may be closed at one time. The duration for each closure may not exceed thirty calendar days.
- Work will be completed on lower ramp (high water ramp) before beginning work on most up river ramp (main ramp).
- No road closure will be allowed; Temporary closure in the immediate vicinity for a maximum of 30 minutes at a time.
- Ramp work will be completed prior to October 10, 2012.
- Parking expansion and vault toilet installation shall be completed by November 30, 2012.
In an effort to help construction activity river users are requested to remove excess trailers that have been on
site for long periods to make room for equipment and staging. River users also need to keep immediate
ramp areas clear of trailers and vehicles beginning August 10th , 2012. The Forest Service will plan on
fencing off these specific areas to accommodate contractors. Please help us in doing your part be
abiding by the requirements. Your cooperation on site will help stream line improvements and lessen
the time needed for work to be completed. Please pass this notice on to interested parties. Thanks
again for your cooperation.
If you have any questions regarding this project please contact; Jeremy